How therapy now can help you out in future
- Learn new ways to deal with things
- Gain tools for continuing learning
- To be able to recognise future warning signs and learn what to do about them
- Increased awareness of self and needs
- Potentially better coping skills to face life's challenges
- Better internal emotional support
- Improving self esteem
- Acceptance of yourself
- A more measured approach to life
- Increased flexibility in responding to changing circumstances
- If desired, a better ability to be close to others
OK, the above is not a comprehensive list, it is designed to provoke some thought about ongoing psychological health and well-being, rather than the all to accepted method now of 'put a patch on the hurt and carry on'.
It is becoming much more an accepted viewpoint now that emotional and psychological good health does not just happen, as with physical well-being we have to maintain ourselves, good habits and positive viewpoints learned as part of counselling and therapy can certainly help!